1. How do I get reimbursed by my insurance company for the cost of services I receive at Dr. Bressler’s office?
A: The office will provide you with the necessary documentation to submit to your insurance company.
2. What insurances does Dr. Bressler take?
A: Dr. Bressler is not a “contracted provider” or “in-network provider” for any insurance companies. Virtually all insurance companies allow patients to see an “out of network” provider and reimburse some portion of the bill.
3. How much will my insurance company reimburse me for the services I receive at your office?
A: Reimbursement rates vary greatly between insurance companies but typically will cover all or some of the cost of the visit.
4. What if my insurance company requires copies of my medical records in order for me to get reimbursed?
A: We will provide them at no cost to you.
5. Will I still pay deductibles & co-pays at my time of visit?
A: There is no co-pay in the Direct Pay system. You pay only for the services you receive. Your deductible is set by your specific health insurance plan and affects what they will reimburse you.
6. My insurance company pays for a yearly preventative physical. Can Dr. Bressler use those billing codes so I can take advantage of this benefit?
A: Yes. Just let us know at the time of your evaluation when you come in for your physical. You will still pay us at the time of the visit and submit your documentation of your physical to your insurance company.
7. If I need labs or an expensive procedure, such as an operation or an MRI, can Dr. Bressler refer me to an “in-network” provider?
A: Yes, absolutely.
8. Does Dr. Bressler see patients with Medicare, Medi-Cal or Tricare insurance?
A: Definitely. Patients with Medicare, Medi-Cal or Tricare are very much welcome to our practice. Dr. Bressler is an “Ordering and Referring Physician” within the Medicare system. This means that the tests he orders and the referrals for X-rays or procedures are covered by Medicare. Unfortunately, because of the policies of these programs, the bill for our services cannot be submitted for reimbursement.